There are a number of experts and stakeholders who offer specialist advice to the EMB on its operations. These include representatives of Governments, the Electoral Commission and the various professional associations that represent those who work in the field.
Currently the key advisers, who regularly attend Board meetings include:
- Andy O'Neill - Electoral Commission - Head of Office in Scotland
- Gillian Taylor - Depute Returning Officer (Perth and Kinross) and representative of the Elections Working Group of SOLAR
- David Miller - Depute Returning Officer (Glasgow City) and representative for the Association of Electoral Administrators, Scotland and northern Ireland Branch
- Roddy Angus - Scottish Government
- Maria McCann - Scottish Government
- Rachel Irvine - Scotland Office